Saturday, December 31, 2011

December Recap

December has been adventuresome to say the least.  I'll try and do a little recap....

I found a job working online, and from home, working for a marketing company.  I'm doing online research and writing various reviews.  I love to write and really enjoy the work!  I haven't had any income in 16 months and miraculously our savings kept us alive for awhile.  These last few months were stressful (I'd be lying if I said they weren't worry free).  But God knew just what I needed and what would be best for our family. 

Breanne arrived home from Africa!  I screamed in the airport when I saw her.  It was a really loud shrill for about 2 seconds before I caught myself.  Unfortunately it was long and loud enough for people to stare at us.  But we didn't care, we had our B home!

Cameron had a quick blood test for allergies and it came back severe.  We received a referral for an allergist to do further testing.  Before his appointment I eliminated all of the foods he was "severely" allergic to - dairy, wheat/grain, fish, pork, corn, soy, eggs and nuts.  This is an impossible diet and I do not suggest it for anyone.  At his appointment they did further testing to see what all he was allergic to and just how bad the reaction would be.  They originally were going to split the tests in two different weeks for fear that he would have a severe reaction and need emergency attention.  (Just what every mother wants to hear!)  Luckily, he came through the first part well and they attempted the second part slowly.  To sum up the appointment, he is only NOT allergic to two things.  I can't say them and have no idea what they are!  He is severely allergic to EVERY outdoor allergen and is moderate to severe for every indoor allergen.  Basically, we can put him in a bubble and let him live alone or we can start weekly allergy shots for the next 3-5 years which we opted for. We've replaced his mattress, pillows, bedding, bought him his own personal air purifier and covers for the pillows and mattress.  I didn't take the time to calculate these expenses for fear I'd pass out.  But God is so good and knew we would need the extra income and because of this we were able to buy these things with cash.

Breanne had surgery on both of her feet.  The last year or so she's had these bunions forming on her feet.  The 4 months walking in Africa didn't help them at all.  While in surgery they confirmed it was congenital and she definitely needed surgery.  They shaved the sides of her feet and broke her big toes and reset them with pins.  Her toes were growing out, which created the bones to shape awkwardly and grow out as well.  Poor girl, they were bad.  They normally only do one foot at a time but Mom had already met their deductible and all out of pocket expenses so they went ahead and did both feet.  They paid nothing for B's surgery!  How awesome is our God?!  Now that B is back home and not able to walk, and Mom still can't use her arm fully or lift things, I'm back to using my new found nursing skills.  I spend my days helping the girls at their home and working from there and back home with my family at night.  We've even left Courtnie overnight so she can take care of B and help Nanie with everything else.  She's definitely grown a servant's heart during this time.  I've been so proud of her!

And of course we celebrated the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.  What a wonderful day it was!  It was a different kind of Christmas for the Gautreaux's since I was without a job for so long.  But again, God miraculously provides as he says he will.  Simply Amazing.  God is so good, all the time. 

Happy New Year!  I look forward to seeing what God has planned for the Gautreaux's in 2012!