To honor this year, I'm going to post 11 things I'm thankful for in 2011.
1. We were able to pay off our AmExp that we maxed out with Colton's sensory therapy. Credit card bills stress me out and we've been paying on this for almost 5 years.
2. Speaking of credit cards... my poor Honda Odyssey is on it's last few legs. We have, once again, near maxed out a credit card with auto bills. The Odyssey left us stranded and has since had so much work done on it. However, the total doesn't amount to the cost of a new car or even a monthly car payment. Grateful for those credit cards in emergency situations.
3. I found a new job. I'm working from home on my time. Hallelujah!
4. I'm thankful that we had a savings account that lasted us for 16 months before I found work. It wasn't easy. But every month, God provided. One month we received a reimbursement check for over payment when we closed on our house (which was 16 months ago!).
5. I'm so so very thankful I was out of work when my Mom needed me the most. I truly enjoyed my time with her so so many weeks. It was hard and trying for us all, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. How many daughters get to say they spent hours upon ours taking care of and loving on their mother and would do it again? I wouldn't have had that time with her if I were working elsewhere. So blessed for that time with her!
6. Courtnie accepted Jesus Christ as her Savior! Not many blessings can top that of your child becoming a follower of Jesus Christ.
7. I'm so very thankful for my Kitchenaide!!
8. We have found a Life Group at church. I have prayed for years for us to find and get involved with a small group of people within our church. God certainly led us to the right people!
9. I started selling Thirty-One over the summer. It has definitely been fun and a true blessing for our family.
10. I'm thankful for my new wedding ring :) I had gone over to Mom's to clean her house after her surgery and had put all my things in a bag. When I was done cleaning and had showered, I went to put my jewelry on and my wedding band was all sorts of bent out of shape. I was devastated. The cost to fix it and resize it (I'm just a mite bigger now than I was when we got married). We opted to replace it with a new solid silver wedding band. Fits me perfectly! Thank you my love!
11. I'm also thankful for friends. God has given me discernment at just the right times and has allowed me to let some friends go and sent me new friends in return. Thnakful for those friendships!
This next year, I'm going to be more intentional about thanking God for all of my blessings.

2 comments:
Would you...
...email me so that I can request some Thirty One info???
I just got two bags for Christmas, and I love them! I need a catalog!
:)
~BLD
drdukesbride@yahoo.com
I love my G's! :)
Post a Comment