I'm having a rough time right now with the changes in my life. This is sad really. Definitely not a joyful time! I'm confident I made the right decision to leave the preschool program I have been the Assistant Director of for 7 years now. To be very frank, I didn't have any other choice. The Bible is very black and white to me; there is right and there is wrong. I absolutely could not work for a church that is allowing sin to fill it's rooms and ministries. I know we are called to do what is right, even if that decision is a hard one to make.
I had no intentions of leaving this year. As a matter of fact, I never saw a time when I would be okay without that preschool program in my life. But over the summer the stress of the program became a bit too much for me to handle. I dealt with the problems in a Christlike manner and expected the same from the leaders of the church. This was not to be and led me to make the drastic decision to leave my job I loved so dear.
I'm writing to ask you not to talk to me about the program and I am asking you to please keep me in your prayers. I really need time to heal from these changes and it is really a struggle for me right now. I am very bitter and I need to get past these feelings. I know there will be bad days at work; I predicted this weeks ago. That is the very reason why I stood up for my teachers and the very reason I lost my job. I know things are going to happen that will upset them. I know things are going to get very rough before they get better. And believe it or not, I continue to pray for the church, the program and it's leaders.
I love all my friends and co-workers dearly. I hope they know I pray for each of them every Wednesday and Friday morning as they head out to work. I thank those who have stood by me throughout this entire ordeal.
I have no idea what God has in store for me. I toss around various ideas and pray for His guidance. I haven't been at home without children in 12 years and I haven't been at home 5 dyas a week without some sort of income. But God provides. I can't wait to see what He has planned for me!
1 comment:
Wow!
Good luck.
Good thoughts & prayers coming your way!
Post a Comment