Cameron started football this week and let me tell you, this has caused me GREAT stress. I confess, I became a creeper this week. I stalked the football fields during practice. In my defense, it was very near where I was already driving and they were outside for practice. How could I not drive by? I worried that he would be hungry during practice because he couldn't eat breakfast before. I worried that he'd be famished by lunchtime if he didn't get something in his belly after practice. What if he was hot or thirsty? Or injured? What if he forgot part of his wardrobe for school and didn't realize it until after practice? Why must the boys shower in one community shower? And why on earth are practice uniforms called "grays"? Does my baby have to wear stinky grays all week? When do I wash them? And is it necessary to play when it is pouring down rain?
Before you think I've completely lost my mind and before you warn the school of the woman in the minivan driving by the practice field in a continuous circle, I managed to NOT sneak a peek on Friday. I cried tears like a baby this week in constant worry. I sometimes drove by twice in one day (don't judge!). But today, I am proud to announce I didn't drive by even once. I can neither say I didn't want to drive by nor can I say I tried to map a route to allow me time to pass by. Somehow though, I managed to stay away for the day.
And yes, my son knows I stalk him. He laughs at me and thanks me for not bringing a lawn chair and watching practice. Ha ha. True story... and you thought I was crazy?!
I am going to be the worst football Mom ever. I'm already planning on how I can miss the games. Jason tells me I have to go. I remind him I don't have to keep my eyes open. This sport stresses me out!
No comments:
Post a Comment