Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

I just cannot believe I have hit my 30th birthday. 30... WOW! Just a few things I've noticed about this big milestone birthday...

  • The need to stretch daily. If I do not do this, I feel little twinges here and there or something is sore and then I have to take time to work it out.

  • Gray hair. They're there! But I'm going the route of leaving them be. I still stand by my decision to just let them be and grow as they please. Since this is MY blog, if I change my mind later in life, I can edit this post and make this comment disappear.

  • Forgetfulness. This may coincide with having children and the busyness surrounded by that, but far too many times I find myself wandering around wondering what it was exactly that I was going to do. I do eventually remember though!

  • Naps, damn those are awesome! At one time in my life, if I took a nap I was up all night long. Not these days, nope. I sometimes NEED a nap just to keep up with my kiddos!

  • Healthy foods are essential. I remember the days when a bag of chips and a kit kat sufficed for my lunch. I don't even remember the last time I had either of those things! Those fruits and veggies have become very important in my diet and I find myself eating things I once refused or even making myself eat something for the simple fact that I know it's good for me.

  • I have two age spots. TWO! I don't even know how those pop-up but they sure found a way. It's okay I guess, just a bit more character!!

And the most wonderful thing about this big day? I was doted on by my entire family and my closest friends. Who knew this day would cause tears and such big celebration? Maybe they're making up for the fact that most forgot my birthday last year. No worries! I won't call you out!! Also, my closest friends are going together to celebrate with me. They have taken the time to plan and put many details together to make the evening a night to remember. I need Friday to hurry up already! I have known my wonderful husband half my life now. He is truly the rock in my life. I love you dearly Babe and am so thankful for the years we've spent together and the memories we've made. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you and making many new memories.

Thank you to everyone who made this day so special.

No comments: