Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Much Fun!

Dallas hit an all-time record of 12.5 inches of snow! My kids think flurries are pretty cool, but 12+ inches of snow is just incredibly awesome. Here are some pictures of our snow fall on Thursday morning:

The kids were beyond excited to get home from school and play outside! The streets were filled with adult and teenagers alike and all were having a blast. I must say, some kind of bug got me Friday night and I was down and what felt near my death. My body hurt to move! But a mother's job is never done, even when sick, so while my kids (and husband and sister) played in the snow I had the job of laying out towels, handing out snowman gear and getting the fun toys the kids needed for their snow fun. I was okay with that though! I did get some good pictures but definitely could have used plenty more to capture the moment. Here more snow fun pics, including our bowls of snow for snow ice cream:

Poor sweet Colton. He got pegged with a snowball in his face, after which he was immediately done with the snow. He came in, stripped his snow clothes off and didn't go back outside that night. He was so over it! If you look closely you can see snow all over his neck, that poor sweet face almost had me in tears!

We woke up the next morning to see the record-breaking snow fall. I must say, I could not take my eyes of the snow. The scene was so surreal. Everything was covered in snow, everything. It was just beautiful. The kids woke up early and played outside for 4 hours or so and only came in because they were hungry. Sadly, by the time they were warm and ready to head back out the snow was starting to melt some :( It was definitely fun while it lasted though!

No comments: