Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Dearest Sister, My Friend...

My sister saved my day! And do you know just how often I say this? Darn near everyday. We are 10 years apart in age and its been in the last 2 years or so that we have grown close. So close these days that I talk to her daily and see her almost as often. My kids adore her! They talk to her as a best friend and confide to her even. I love it! She is constantly rescuing me so that I can go to an appointment child-free (gynecology, dermatology, ophthalmology just isn't for children) or even giving me a few moments to myself (like getting my eye brows waxed). She spoils them rotten with hugs and kisses and feeds them healthy stuff, she even says no to candy! She gets them singing and dancing and full of smiles but demands respect and kindness at the same time. In more ways than I realize, she is like a mother to them when I'm away.

But last night, she came to MY rescue rather than my kiddos. Jason and Cameron went camping and I am totally and completely not a fan of staying by myself. I just wasn't made to be alone! I scare myself with made-up noises and visuals, convince myself of things that are next to impossible of happening, I even pick fights with Jason in hopes that he'll stay behind. I'm so sorry Babe. I recognize my own insanity, forgive me. But I did good last night! I was sad to see you go but I put a smile on my face and was happy for you. I made it!!!

This year though I put on my big girls panties and dealt with it! I asked Jason's mom (another one of my rescuers) to keep Colton and Courtnie for the night so I could have time to myself and clean, clean, clean. And I did just that. But with the help of my dearest sister. She sacrificed a night to come help me clean and then we shared a much-needed night together. This house was CLEAN; I would've eaten off the floor! I haven't seen my house this spotless in awhile. Sure it's always sanitary but somehow the kids always manage to make a mess of some kind somewhere. As most mothers know, while we are cleaning one room another room is being completely destroyed making it look all the while like we haven't done a darn thing at home.

At one point in the evening we heard a lovely song playing..... the ice cream man! We ran out there like two little kids on a hot summers day waiting for him to stop at our house. We finished our cleaning, put a cleaning face mask on and watched a couple of chick-flicks with our ice cream. We also had some Facebook fun, which also entertained some of our mutual friends. It was an incredibly enjoyable evening.

Thanks B for coming to my rescue. I appreciate you more than you know. You may not realize this, but I look up to you so often. You are a strong Christian woman and I am so very proud of you. I look forward to watching you enter your adult years and seeing what God has in store for your life. I'm certain He has big plans for you! You are an incredible friend, sister and aunt. I am super proud that my kids have you to turn to. You're a shining light in their world and their smiles in your presence remind me of your importance in their lives. I look forward to the day you have little ones and we can repay you for all you have done for us. I love you so very much and look forward to our next girls night!!

6 comments:

Breanne said...

aw.

I love you.

:]

a whole lot.

Leann said...

How Sweet! Girls night in can be so fun!

Regina's Opinion said...

An answered prayer in more ways than one.... she loves your kids like a mom when your not there and also you know have that missed best friend not only in Jason but in your sister as well....
xoxoxo

Regina's Opinion said...

oops now not know

Jess said...

Your sister sounds wonderful. I'm so glad you have someone like that in your life and your children are so fortunate as well. What a blessing! I don't blame you for not wanting to be home alone. I don's have to do it very often but it's not pretty when I do. It usually ends with all of the lights on 24 hours a day. I had a friend who wedged a chair under each exit door! It seemed like a good idea to me!

abby said...

how did i miss this sweet post???you guys are lucky to have each other. sisters are the best!