
He's our new pet turtle! Our neighbor's dog found him scared and tuckered inside his shell and asked if anyone wanted a turtle. Of course I hollered "yes" because I am dying for some sort of pet. I like Champ and all but he's boring. So we brought Dunstan over to our flower bed and patiently waited for him to come out and do some tricks for us. He never did. All he did was bury himself next to one of our bushes, literally digging roots up from the ground creating this huge hole. Kinda cute for now. Not sure how I'll feel if/when he actually digs up the entire bush. We brought him out to play tonight and he wasn't very cooperative. So we put him back in the dirt and he sat there for awhile, and slowly came out and quickly walked back to his hole. I ran inside and made a bowl of strawberries, lettuce and blueberries for him to munch on. Really I was just trying to coax him out of his shell but that too wasn't successful. We've left him alone for the evening but I can't wait to see is he ate tomorrow. He is so darn cute with his brown shell with white spots.
Just in case you're curious, Dunstan is an English name which means "hill of stone", "brown stone" or "brown hill with stones". I found it to be very fitting! If you have any tips for raising turtles, please let me know. I'd like a few more so they can mate. How cool would that be?!?!
PS - My caterpillars died. It serves them right I guess, they did eat my lettuce! Without permission.
5 comments:
how cute.
:]
he needs a friend though.
get another one.
Adorable
A pet turtle -- how cute! I think I would prefer a turtle over the goldfish we have.
I was actually thinking about your caterpillars the other day! Thanks for the update. =) My kids would be ecstatic if we had a friend like Dunstan. Enjoy!
Brandie, Brandie, Brandie..... Turtles stink up the area... just wait. lol Does he not need some amount of water as well? Good Luck though! Take Tucker... he eats cat poop!
Post a Comment