Thursday, May 21, 2009

More Neighborhood Friends!

Guess we'll be needing a new sign on the streets. We woke up to three ducks this morning in our yard. Two were actually in our grass and the other was in the street in front of the house. I had Cameron get out of the car to make sure they werent going to walk in my driveway while I was backing out. At the same time, our neighbor was stopped patiently waiting for this lonesome duck to get out of the street. For a good 2-3 minutes that duck just stared at our neighbor with no intentions of moving. He finally moved out of the way some so the car could inch by. After Colton and I dropped the kids off at school we went back outside and fed the ducks our bread (which was all of 2 slices left!). I'm certain I was a pleasureful sight with my orange tshirt, gray pants, and purple slippers and Colton was just wearing his wonderwear. But it isn't often we have ducks roaming the neighborhood! We were on a mission!!You might think we live in the middle of nowhere and quite honestly I sometimes ask myself that very question. We have so many different animals and critters around here! Here are just a few we've seen - a diamondback snake wrapped around the tree in our backyard, skunks are very present around here (this smell is heavenly, especially when it consumes the inside of your house), turtles, ducks, rabbits, coyotes. It's like living in the country but right here in the heart of a suburb. The kids and I love it. I never imagined myself loving nature and all it's wonders but I truly do.

2 comments:

Regina's Opinion said...

That is a blessing for your kids.... yeah for you!

Jess said...

How fun! We spent 6 years in Missouri and we frequently saw all sorts of creatures around our house. The best were the deer, though.