Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dinner Prayer

Prayer time has always been eventful at our house and it has been so fun and such a blessing to watch the kids grow and mature over the years. I can still hear Cameron saying his "God is great, God is good..." prayer and Jason saying the prayer after him. And I remember Cameron's prayer maturing to something more than the repetitious prayer and watching in awe as our oldest child spoke to God like he was sitting right there next to him. Then Courtnie learned the "God is great, God is good prayer...". During this season of our lives, Courtnie would say her prayer and then Cameron would say his, and sometimes Jason would still say a prayer after both kids had their turns. Now Colton has grown up and learned the same "God is great, God is good..." prayer and he too always wants a turn. In this current season though, Courtnie's prayer has matured and she still wants her turn to talk to God and give her thanks. Today's dinner time prayer can get quite long, leaving our food sometimes cold. But none of us mind. Courtnie and Colton share nights on who prays first with the other following and sometimes Daddy ending with his own prayer. Colton has told Cameron that his turn to pray is at nighttime and when Colton tells us how things work, well, we usually just agree. (Hey now, you live with him and see how often you'd disagree with him!!) I have been wanting to catch this event on video for awhile now but I always forget. Last night I decided was the night I was going to capture the moment. Courtnie started before I could start my recording but I got most of it. Prayer time always ends the same way - high fives all around! Almost 11 years later, I am still so amazed at a child's love for Christ and their thanks and blessings. Most nights I fold my hands, watch my children and listen to their words as they speak so sweetly to their Lord, and try to keep my tears from flowing down my face. Faith like a child's is priceless.

6 comments:

deecee said...

beautiful!

Breanne said...

aw - love it. :]

and breakfast for dinner rocks!

abby said...

I love your family.

Leann said...

How sweet!

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB! breakfast for dinner(brinner) LOVE IT

Jess said...

Your children are precious and that was amazing to watch. You are a wonderful mother!