.....convincing a 4 yr old boy that his cowboy boots are not to be worn with shorts, even when he tries to explain to you that his shorts are "cowboy shorts". It might seem like a simple task to some. But have you ever tried to convince the baby of the family of ANYTHING? It's not always successful, truth be told, they often times win.
You see, Colton is the typical third child, the baby in the family. He knows what he wants, how he wants it, and exactly how to exhaust you so that he will get exactly what he wants. The book I have just finished talked briefly about birthorder and his description of lastborn children fits Colton to a "T"! It reads: "Lastborns grow up with a tremendous, unflagging sense of entitlement. Because they are often coddled an babied - not just by Mom and Dad, but also by older siblings - lastborns usually grow up to be funny, and often blatant show-offs, loving to be the life of the party. They can also be manipulative, however. Lastborns tend to love surprises, and they are far more open to risks than their other siblings."
That's my Colton. Does this description sound like anyone else we know? Possibly his father?? Colton does truly believe everything belongs to him, even if it is yours or in your hand. He also is an extreme risk taker. This includes taking the risk and fighting your parents for wearing those boots with shorts, even when your Mommy tries to convince you that you look like a dork.
So who wins this mornings battle? Colton. Those other Mommys at storytime better not laugh at my baby! I know he looks like a big goof, but they better be talking about how charming and handsome he is.
Happy Tuesday everyone!

8 comments:
I know many children who "need" to wear their cowboy boots with shorts. It is a bit dorky, but I also think funny. Always brings a smile to my face!
Precious! I think cowboy boots look good with everything!
That's really cute! haha! I love it!
ha - that made my day .. lol : ] it will be a sad sad day when the cow boy boots don't fit ..
Love it Colton! Brandie... just let it go... these photos will be very useful to you one day!
Um I thought he looked so cute in them! He needs a hat though!
LOL... let the kid wear what he wants... Don't sweat the small things like that,Save that for when he is a teen. He won't wear boots and shorts forever. Enjoy the cuteness of it. Besides when people see it, they know how smart he is.
Post a Comment