We have started our very first garden! I decided on a whim one day to head to Home Depot (which I do not like!) and buy things necessary to start my garden. Although still not a big fan of the store, I did have some fun in the gardening section. Maybe now I can find entertainment in this dreaded store while the others members of my family randomly walk up and down each aisle looking at everything. Anyway, I came home with a strawberry starter plant and seeds of lettuce, cucumbers, watermelons and hot peppers. Since Jason wasn't too fond of my idea of starting a garden in the backyard, we are planting them in pots for the time being. The strawberry starter plant had one tiny strawberry starting to grow and at this time there are multiple strawberries growing. The others were planted from seeds and just this morning the lettuce has sprouted as well as the cucumbers. I have been VERY excited since I've only been watching them daily since we planted them. The anticipation is killing me, I cannot wait for the seeds to grow into something bigger so we can plant them in their pots and move them outside. Starter plants are definitely the way to go for those who are as impatient as myself. I will have to start taking pics so we can document our progress.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Green Thumbs
We have started our very first garden! I decided on a whim one day to head to Home Depot (which I do not like!) and buy things necessary to start my garden. Although still not a big fan of the store, I did have some fun in the gardening section. Maybe now I can find entertainment in this dreaded store while the others members of my family randomly walk up and down each aisle looking at everything. Anyway, I came home with a strawberry starter plant and seeds of lettuce, cucumbers, watermelons and hot peppers. Since Jason wasn't too fond of my idea of starting a garden in the backyard, we are planting them in pots for the time being. The strawberry starter plant had one tiny strawberry starting to grow and at this time there are multiple strawberries growing. The others were planted from seeds and just this morning the lettuce has sprouted as well as the cucumbers. I have been VERY excited since I've only been watching them daily since we planted them. The anticipation is killing me, I cannot wait for the seeds to grow into something bigger so we can plant them in their pots and move them outside. Starter plants are definitely the way to go for those who are as impatient as myself. I will have to start taking pics so we can document our progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I definitely want to see pictures. This is the kind of thing I would love to do but I am a plant-killer. It just never works out for me. I am not a big fan of Home Depot either. Just the smell gets to me. I think it would be so exciting to be able to grow your own food, though. It's a neat thing for the kids to see as well.
That sounds really neat! I would love to do a garden, but just don't know where I would find the time. Keep us updated on how your garden prospers!
Post a Comment