Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Dearest Courtnie

When I came home from school last night I was in quite the sour mood. I still do not love rocks and had sat on Hwy 30 for an hour and a half. Someone apparently couldnt drive and caused a serious accident. Im not lying when I say I actually put my car in park, turned the car completely off and read my new book. People looked at me like I was insane but truthfully I bet my nerves were more calm than theirs! lol.

I get home and find this sweet little note Courtnie wrote to me. She isnt the best trooper when Mom is away. She likes to remind who ever is taking care of her that everything they do "isnt the way Mommy does it". Apparently Daddy doesnt know what to cook for dinner, Mommy doesnt make sandwiches that way, etc. She reminded Jason all night that he was doing everything wrong. Poor baby!

Her note reads (her exact writing and punctuation):
"Dear mom I missed you today. I had a great time at school. We cleaned our the garge. We were stinky! Me and colton were playing school for a little bit. It was fun! At school today we watched magic school bus. It was about plant's. It was a little long. I unloaded the dishwashe. And bee we here. We were going to have hotdogs or samwiches. and we did. Well I had fun today!

Love
Courtnie"
How stinkin' sweet is that? I sat there after my long day from working, school, and the car ride home and cried. I miss my kids!! I see them on Friday mornings, drop them off at school and dont see them again until Saturday morning. We are just not used to that. I just think it such a sincere and sweet gesture for her to write me a note to tell me about her day. Love that girl!

5 comments:

Breanne said...

aw - I love her, i was watching her do it, and she was trying to make it perfect for you. : ] so cute!

Thosetwogirls said...

Isnt it great how they always seem to know when we need things like that the most? That is a very sweet letter to mommy. I would have cried too. Heck I almost did anyways.

Erica said...

so sweet!

Anonymous said...

very cute. :)

i love your blog layout, by the way.

Jamie said...

sweet :) can't wait for my girls to do that kind of stuff too!