Friday, October 26, 2012

Who Should Christians Vote For?

I admit, I’ve had a very hard time this election season.  I don’t see either candidate as a great and honorable man of God who uphold ALL biblical values.  They both say they are Christians and believe in biblical values.  I’ve also heard their exceptions to those biblical standards, which quite honestly scares me.  Because I cannot confirm either candidate’s pure heart or motives, I must go solely on their beliefs they’ve provided us.  We have a right to vote and I believe we should be voting for the candidate with the most Christian values and morals.  I have to continually remind myself that we are not voting for a national pastor, but a national leader.
So who should Christians vote for?
The most pro-life candidate, because God hates the shedding of innocent blood – Proverbs 6:17
The most pro-Israel candidate, because God blesses those who bless Israel and curses those who don’t – Genesis 12:3
The most pro-debt reduction candidate, because the borrower is servant to the lender – Proverbs 22:7
The most pro-work candidate, because God says if a man does not work, let him not eat – 2 Thessalonians 3:10
The most pro-marriage candidate, because God is for marriage – Genesis 2:24
The candidate who most closely believes government’s purpose is to reward the good and punish the evil – Romans 13
Vote for the candidate based as close as you can on God’s Word (2 Timothy 3:16), knowing that whoever gets elected, God is the one who puts all men in authority (Daniel 2:21).
Dr. D. James Kennedy once said, “Lord, give us the leader we need, not the one we deserve.”  I could not have said this any better!

No comments: