Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Itchy, Itchy

This past Saturday we were up at the preschool getting started on the new playground.  At some point I must have sat down in a bed of chiggers.  I woke up Sunday morning covered in spots!  At first Jason flipped and stripped the bed thinking we had bed bugs.  I knew this wasn't the case because I wash the linens often and we have a matress cover.  After determining they were officially chiggers, I began to cry.  I had scratch all.night.long.  They hurt so bad!  This is my back and only what you CAN see.  They are all over my stomach, chest, butt, lady area and the tops of my legs.  Some spots are just mutlitple chigger bites.


Of course I did all the recommended home treatments - took a bleach bath water, put Chigger medicine on, put anti-scratch cortizone cream on.  You name a home remedy, I've tried it!  Upon further investigation, none of that works.  I also learned that there are not live chigger bugs in my body.  Such a nasty myth!!  All I can do is ride it out which can take weeks.  I'm on day 3 of this and am miserable.  Almost nothing works for the itching except Benadryl which is not ideal to take when your kids are home.  That stuff knocks me out cold.

A lesson learned - spray bug spray EVERYWHERE!  My torso area is the only place I didn't spray.  I just never thought to lift up my shirts and spray underneath :(

3 comments:

Carole said...

Brandie! That is terrible! I am so, so sorry:( I HATE itching, so I can't even imagine...

abby said...

Oh MY !!!!!!!! Poor mommy.

Lainey-Paney said...

Oh.My.Gosh.

I am sooooo sorry!
That looks miserable!