Thursday, June 2, 2011

Really?

If this is any indication of our summer, starting next week, go ahead and ignore my insanity.  I will have been banging my head on the wall wondering what I've done wrong.  It's like a flashback to when Colton was 2, except those fits were worse and lasted for 3 more hours.  Try that 4 times a day!

This particular fit started while Colton was unloading the dishwasher and Courtnie asked to use his watercolors he brought home from school today.  I guess this wasn't acceptable to him, who knew?  He was throwing this fit for about 5 minutes before I started recording and it lasted another 10 or so after I left.  When he was done, he got up, walked out, got himself something to drink and went to play outside.   I need to learn how to get over his fits as fast as he does!  Maybe I could learn something from this afterall?!

PS - If you have 1 or even 2 children, do not judge me or him.  I believe every parent should be blessed with a child who is difficult, head strong and unwilling to take no for an answer.  Only then will you truly learn from your children the meaning of humble, acceptance, forgiveness and unconditional love.




ETA: He told Jason, "I messed up on my paper and didn't want to get another piece and waste Mommy's paper."  After a long discussion, we've all come to an agreement that it's okay to mess up and not okay to throw a fit.  Thinking maybe the lack of structure in class today has messed him up a bit.

1 comment:

deecee said...

Well if thats the case Im up for Sainthood!