Two weeks ago I visited my doctor expecting to hear of my very near death and being diagnosed with diabetes. I was very convinced of this! My symptoms: being completely fine to HUNGRY and feeling very queasy all of a sudden and extremely tired. I just knew it was diabetes. I went thinking they would tell me that right there in the office, even though I knew they would do blood work and we'd have to wait and see.
At the office he just listened to my symptoms and me fretting over having diabetes and how much I hate needles. The thought of a needle being in the room with it's sole purpose to put a hole in my arm makes me nauseous. Then when I actually see the needle..... How am I going to manage diabetes and pricking my finger multiple times a day? But wait, upon further research you don't HAVE to prick your fingers. You can actually wear an insulin pouch. That's even worse!! I'd rather prick my finger than have something hanging out of my body for the rest of my life. This situation just keeps getting worse and worse in my mind.
I got the call....
Dr: "We got your results and everything is normal."
B: "Normal?!?! I feel like I'm dying though! Why am I so tired all the time and why do I feel like I'm going to faint when I'm hungry? I promise I eat! I never miss a meal."
Dr: "We are going to increase your anxiety medicine and see how that works for you. If not then we'll discuss changing your medicine."
B: "Hmm.... Anxiety.... Okay.... maybe that is the problem. Can you call in my prescription please?"
Good news is... I'm not dying. Bad news is... I'm still crazy. My poor doctor, surely I'm not the only patient who self diagnosis's via information online. Simply crazy. I have since doubled my medicine and feel wonderful. I was so tired of being tired and feel like a new woman - alive and well.
Except for the anxiety factor. But I have trusty friends to tell me when I'm crazy in a particular situation. Yay for good friends!
2 comments:
I love ALL these posts! You have been busy!!
Yea for you blogging again, good way to end my night!!
Love you sister!
Post a Comment