Do you understand what this means? for me? I have NO babies at home anymore. I have been at home with my children for 12 years now. Today, I'm sitting at home catching up on my blog and they are all at school. I'm sad they are all at school now, this is definitely the beginning of the newest stage of parenting. I'm sad that they are growing up so fast and so big. But I'm so happy they will spend their day with a teacher who adores them and wants to see them learn and grow. I'm happy they will make new friends, some of which will be in their lives for a lifetime. Some friends will break their hearts but they will use this time to grow as well and better themselves. They'll spend their days sharing laughter and conversations with classmates, time on the playground being a carefree child. Each day I pick them up and see their smiles on their faces and listen to the stories they share about their day. I love them and I love every phase in life they walk us through. These children have been such a blessing to us!
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Back to School
I love my kiddos' back to school pictures, but truthfully, I'm lucky to get even ONE picture on this morning. My kids are good for one picture with smiles then they're over me. I messed this up big time! My first picture had everyone together but Courtnie was crying because she was being rushed (it's not my fault we don't operate on Courtnie-time). My second picture had everyone posed and smiling but it was blurry. This is my third picture - everyone there, not really posed and half smiles. It'll have to do!
We started the new school year at our new school by our new home. Lots of anxiety - more for me than the kids. Colton walked into his Kindergarten classroom like a champ! Not too fond of my camera in his classroom, but you can see his smile! Courtnie left me in the hall as she made her way into 4th grade. Cameron left me at the front door of middle school as an excited 7th grader and I promise I did not even think of taking pictures!

Do you understand what this means? for me? I have NO babies at home anymore. I have been at home with my children for 12 years now. Today, I'm sitting at home catching up on my blog and they are all at school. I'm sad they are all at school now, this is definitely the beginning of the newest stage of parenting. I'm sad that they are growing up so fast and so big. But I'm so happy they will spend their day with a teacher who adores them and wants to see them learn and grow. I'm happy they will make new friends, some of which will be in their lives for a lifetime. Some friends will break their hearts but they will use this time to grow as well and better themselves. They'll spend their days sharing laughter and conversations with classmates, time on the playground being a carefree child. Each day I pick them up and see their smiles on their faces and listen to the stories they share about their day. I love them and I love every phase in life they walk us through. These children have been such a blessing to us!
Do you understand what this means? for me? I have NO babies at home anymore. I have been at home with my children for 12 years now. Today, I'm sitting at home catching up on my blog and they are all at school. I'm sad they are all at school now, this is definitely the beginning of the newest stage of parenting. I'm sad that they are growing up so fast and so big. But I'm so happy they will spend their day with a teacher who adores them and wants to see them learn and grow. I'm happy they will make new friends, some of which will be in their lives for a lifetime. Some friends will break their hearts but they will use this time to grow as well and better themselves. They'll spend their days sharing laughter and conversations with classmates, time on the playground being a carefree child. Each day I pick them up and see their smiles on their faces and listen to the stories they share about their day. I love them and I love every phase in life they walk us through. These children have been such a blessing to us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awwwww!
Enjoy your home alone time!
I'm a little teary... So hard to believe.
Wow...it has been adjustment for me after only 5 years...I couldn't imagine 12 years. I am sure you will find plenty to keep yourself occupied. Enjoy!!
Post a Comment