Friday, August 20, 2010

Chocolate Factory

Last week we took a tour to the Mary Puddin Hill Chocolate Factory in Greenville, TX. It was definitely worth the drive! You can see by our attempt at a group shot the various age groups (minus my oldest dodging the camera and a few toddlers who also refused to take part in the group pic). Each child enjoyed the tour in their own way.

Cameron reminds me of the neighbor on Home Improvement, Wilson, that never shows his face. I attempt a pic of me and my kiddos and Cameron is half-missing.
We had various items to choose to put in our chocolate bars.
Here is a pic of the chocolate being made. It smelled, and looked, sooo yummy!The bars were made and we poured our toppings on top.
Here is Colton waiting for his chocolate bar to cool off in the big machine.
Here they are!
Now to take our tour of the factory while they fancy up our chocolate bars in special packaging.
Who doesn't love "I Love Lucy"?!
And of course they would have a chocolate "Forrest Gump"!

If you are looking for a field trip for a school or your playgroup, I definitely recommend this place! I didn't get a picture of all our bars because they were eaten before I knew it! We also managed to walk out with chocolate covered peanut butter balls, chocolate covered cherries and chocolate covered Oreos. Now THAT'S a playgroup for Mommies!!

3 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

Oooooh....now THAT looks fun!

...and Greenville...not that far away from us!

mamaofacutie said...

It's the I Love Lucy Chocolate Factory scene --- I MUST go visit! Marcus loves chocolate...this would definitely keep his attention.

Thosetwogirls said...

Can you email me the photos? That was really fun!