Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter!

Another Easter season to remind us of all our blessings. I bought this neat interactive Easter book and it starts at Palm Sunday, then to Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and ends with Easter day. The kids really have liked it! I truly enjoy watching the kids get so involved and to hear them tell us the story before we read the next page. It's so amazing how much information they soak in at such young ages. I will definitely try to do this again each year. We went to church tonight with the family and sung my favorite song (okay, one of my many favorites) and it's such an awesome Easter song.

Amazing Grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine

You are forever mine

Funny story to share.... after church we went home to color eggs then decided to head out and grab some dinner. We were in line and Colton is holding onto my legs (very similar to the way in the picture above) and out of nowhere lifted my skirt up. No lie, I know my face turned bright red as tears sprang to my eyes. Humiliation is an understatement! It was very innocent; he wasn't being rotten. He is just super touchy-feely and was loving on me and then it just happened. Of course when my skirt went up, my hands pushed them down and I immediately turned around to see if anyone else saw. My Grannie did and one other lady, which of course we were all laughing at (probably more to comfort me at this moment). All I could think about was how thankful I was the guy standing near Jason was oblivious to it all. O.M.G.

No comments: