According to The Lord's Prayer, we should be praying for these things: God's will, our true needs (versus our wants) and for God's focus and plan. We need to be putting our faith in God's will and trusting Him to follow through with His plan for our lives. I'm so guilty of asking God for things I want - I want to feel well, I want that bill paid off, I want my children to be asthma free, I want this problem solved, etc. But the truth is, these very things may not be in His plans. I need to be praying for His plans, not my own.
I now have a blue dot on my phone to remind me to pray. Every time I look at my phone (which is ALOT!) I will be reminded to pray:
P - prayer for those PEOPLE closest to me
R - prayer for those who have given me their prayer REQUESTS
A - prayer for those who are AWAY from God and need Him in their lives
Y - prayer for YOUR enemies
I can do this! And I am very excited to get back to praying without ceasing. I'm going to close this blog by asking:
HOW CAN I PRAY FOR YOU?
1 comment:
What Lakepointe campus do y'all go to? I grew up going to the original one in Rowlett. We go to Lakepointe Firewheel and love it.
I've had my blue dot on all week and it really is a great reminder!
Post a Comment