Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Newest Addition

Meet Olivia, my newest daily addition. Addition, addiction... it's all the same! I haven't had a baby girl to buy for in so long and I don't have any nieces yet! And let me tell you - those baby girl things on clearance at Target call my name. LOUDLY! I've only bought a couple of things but it sure is tempting!! My coworkers and friends remind me often "she's not your baby!" If someone else holds her and she starts to fuss, I immediately take her back. She won't take a bottle for anyone else at work but for me. I sometimes have a hard time controlling myself when I see something she might "need". It's okay to revert back to being the stingy mom that doesn't want anyone to look at or hold her baby!! As a matter of fact, I'm certain her parents are happy to know their sweet baby girl is in the arms of someone who loves her as their own. It's okay for me to buy bows or a cute diaper bag with her name on it. My eyes are set on a way cute pacifier clip with a big "O" on it, I'm just gonna have to have one!
Olivia goes with me to work too. And because she loves only me, I am back in the baby room. Okay, so that's not entirely true. I'm in the room for other reasons, but it sure helps knowing I'm in there already when Olivia only likes me (I assure you, this is not a figment of my imagination). But there is another sweet baby GIRL in there too! This is Olivia's friend and her "twin" on school days. Yes, you guessed it. I like to pretend I have twins =) If I cant have anymore babies and I cant have nieces to spoil daily, then these girls are mine to love on and pretend they are mine. It's been interesting to say the least. It's a daily challenge to make sure they nap at the same time, eat at the same time, play at the same time. But sometimes this doesn't always work out - one may be cutting teeth, another is ready to move up to more ounces in her bottle, one doesn't prefer the same length of nap as the other. And these girls stare at each other when the other one isn't doing what they want them to do. It's very cute to watch them! Little A is 4 weeks younger than Olivia and it's so fun to watch Olivia do something new and sure enough A is doing it a few weeks later. I cant wait to see them interact with each other soon.
I know what you're thinking... that's quite a few pictures for two babies that aren't yours. True statement, but in my defense I send them to their mommies. It gives me an excuse to take pictures =) When I take them on a field trip for a professional photo shoot, then we have a problem! But I assure you I don't have plans to do this. yet.

I love these girls!! Even when they both want to be held all day long, we someone how find a way. That baby sling is a miracle invention!!

1 comment:

frombarbietobatman said...

Olivia sure does love you! We are very blessed to have you in our lives!