Monday, October 26, 2009

Prayers Please

I'm going to go ahead and throw this out there for two reasons - one, we need prayer and two, I'm hoping that in doing this it will push Jason even further to continue with his efforts for fear of failing everyone who reads my blog. Kinda shady I know =)

Jason has quit smoking! and dipping! (Yes, take a moment to realize he did BOTH.) It has now been 10 days. At this point in time, he has been smoking for more than half of his life. We heard through some friends about this Vapor Cigarette and decided to invest in this product. I've never seen Jason excited about quitting and believing in something to help along the way. He has done really well and I truly believe in this electronic cigarette. My hope is once he gets past the withdrawals and the constant craving we can begin to cut back on this and let it go for good. I do understand he will always have that desire but at current the craving is still there in full swing as are the mood swings. I still love ya babe!

I write all this to ask for prayers, the most important being Jason. He has quit so many times in the past and this time I truly see his desire to finally be done with it. But please don't forget the rest of his family in your prayers. We need patience and understanding.

Jason,
I am very proud of you! As we sat in bed last night and prayed together, tears rolled down my eyes. It is so awesome to see a prayer answered. I honestly have been praying for you to find the strength and desire to quit smoking for years now. Although I knew it would happen in God's time, it's still such a blessing to see a prayer prayed so fervently answered. I knew He would be there for you when you were ready. Lean on Him and be an example to others along the way. You can do this! Please remember when you are feeling discouraged or frustrated that we love you. Our words of comfort and encouragment are only said in desire to help you along the way. We love you!! Be strong, I know in my heart you can do this.

Smoker's Prayer
Heavenly Father, hear my plea,
and grant my lungs serenity.
Give me strength to quit the smoking,
that's been causing all my choking.

Let my breath be fresh and clean,
without a trace of nictotine.
Each cigarette I smoke so often,
adds another nail in my coffin.

Guide me Lord, by your holy means
past all those cigarette machines
It hurts to hear my loved ones say,
'kissing you is like licking an ashtray.'

Please oh Lord, hear my voice,
Give me will power while I have the choice.
I ask your help and it's no wonder,
Because if I don't quit, I'll be six feet under.

I've always wanted to do this to a pack of cigarettes but I never was able to muster up enough courage do endure the wrath of a smoker. I can't see them accepting this too well although it would be extrememly funny! Maybe I could do this to another smoker and leave before they realize it's me. There's an idea....

2 comments:

abby said...

What a perfect pair you two make. Anybody can look at you guys and know God put you together... and this struggle is one of the reasons He did! We promise to pray with you.

And I just read your high maintainence post. Who would EVER call you high maintenance? You are opinionated, strong-willed and possess a certain savvy which DOES NOT make someone high maintenance... in my humble opinion. :)

Jess said...

I will definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as Jason undertakes this. It is huge and I remember it all too well. Brett quit 11.5 years ago and it was a PROCESS. Keep us updated.