Sunday, April 26, 2009
Slug Bug!
We Gautreaux's are VERY competitive in everything we do. You can imagine our excitement when Colton finally figured out what a slug bug was instead of calling out every random car and color and claiming he won, irritating his brother and sister to no end. He has finally perfected his game! This has made car rides a bit different. Depending on the moods of the kids, they set a number and work together to find that many slug bugs OR they want to be on their own teams which sometimes leaves someone mad that they didn't win. (I will confess - I do not like to play with Jason because he ALWAYS wins, it's so very irritating.) Either way, we're just glad Colton has figured out what a slug bug was. He is even counting them correctly which has proved to be a learning lesson for him. It's been neat to see him figure out numbers and how to count things correctly. Even though he has been counting for awhile now, it's fun to watch it all come together and to see him realize that counting actually means something outside of circle time at school. Colton must find, count and call out his slug bugs from his toy box. These were part of his learning lesson in what cars were and were not slug bugs. Cameron and Courtnie made a big effort to teach him this so that he could play right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i dis like playing with Jason a whole lot. He cheats. I don't know how but he so dose.
I remember playing "The Slugbug Game" when I was growing up. I may have to introduce it to my kiddos!
How did I forget about this game?!!! Thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment