This accident occured from a one-man football team with a 4 year old Captain. He has the absolute worst throw of anyone I've ever seen. When he throws somehow the ball goes backwards. Strangest thing ever. I never doubt my children's abilities though (especially when it comes to destroying my things). You know what his father said to him? "Was it a good throw son?" For real? I'm glad he wasn't mad at him, but how about a firm talking to? A stern face? Or showing him WHY we don't throw balls in the house? I'll keep my fingers crossed. Maybe I missed a piece of glass and when he steps on a piece it will remind him to have a little talk with his precious youngest son.
So really.... who needs all those decorations anyway? Or lights? Do you see the broken glass and mirror pieces? If there is any truth to the superstition, Colton has a few years of bad luck to endure. Wait. That would be a few years of bad luck for me! Why oh why son?? The good news is - my two picture frames that fell survived with only a few scratches and dents, Hemingway pulled through as well and the candle wasn't lit at that time. Oh yes, and Colton also made it out unharmed.
But wait! Let me back track to our fine morning.....
It was just as eventful. As I'm getting ready for my day I hear the older two yelling at eachother. Generally, they get along well but this morning they were complete enemies with no room for making up and liking eachother. I go in there to assess the problem and Courtnie is trying to talk to me - her face is red, her body is shaking and she's throwing her trash on the ground. This girl is pissed. Apparantly Cameron was trying to help her with Colton's breakfast and grabbed the plate from Courtnie. I settle Round 1 with Courtnie glaring at her beloved brother and Cameron huffing at me with his chest all puffed up. I get back to getting myself ready and here comes Colton to tell me the latest disagreement. Once again, I go back into the kitchen to both kids fuming. This time Courtnie wouldn't get Cameron's vitamins while she got hers because he wouldn't help with Colton's milk. Ah! We ended Round 2 with a nice discussion about being kind and doing things for other people because it's just the nice thing to do. I'm totally convinced it went in one ear and out the other; their lack of eye contact and glares at eachother was a total giveaway. We left for the day and I never had breakfast because their bickering too all my extra time.
So here's to a fun weekend with more rain. I guess we can play football in the house now! There isn't too much left in the living room to destroy at this point.
When is it Monday again? I like Mondays.
ETA - It just dawned on me! I should stay out of my own bathroom!! Apparently, when I head that direction chaos breaks through. That's it. But too bad it won't happen. I'll have to think of a way to stop this madness.
3 comments:
Bless them, I have gotten so fed up that one day I let my kids fight, like pull hair and punch, for 30 min before I finally stopped it. It was all over who sat on which side of the chair.
You guys have had some days to remember, huh? I'm sorry. This will be one of those stories you will be telling at family gatherings for years to come, though. =)
I will take this over the RED PAINT any day! Did you see the pictures(on our blog), it is quit lovely. I could just imagine how you would have reacted. I am at the point that I have given up on keeping the carpet clean anymore. We are pulling it up as soon as we get the funds.
Post a Comment