Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

Our Easter celebrations began Wednesday at Colton's school. They had an egg hunt there and a special lunch. He was super excited to take his eggs and candy to school. I am blessed to be in a position where I could easily go outside with his class and watch him hunt eggs and take pictures. Here he is at school, I love his face in the first one.We spent Good Friday at home. I LOVE family time! I really do. There is nothing more enjoyable than relaxing at home with no plans to run around and do this and that and simply enjoying the time together. I think I could sit outside in warm weather with the sun beating on my face watching my kids play outside for the rest of my life and be perfectly content. Really.

Saturday morning, my Dad's side of the family came over for brunch. The kids colored their Easter eggs while some of us adults hid eggs around the house. We put a fun spin on the eggs this year - we numbered the money eggs and each child had to find their own numbered egg. This definitely slowed the older boys down.

We went to Easter services on Saturday afternoon and then Jason and I slipped away for dinner together. Nothing big or fancy, just a couple of hours alone. Thank you Jason for always pushing for a dinner for two, for caring so much about us and for loving me even when I'm not so lovable sometimes. I love you Babe =)

Easter morning, the kids woke up to surprises left by the Easter Bunny. Cameron of course had figured the "bunny" thing out awhile ago but Courtnie figured it out this year. I'm sad. It's a step away towards childlike innocence. As much as I want them to keep that forever I know overtime they grow up, but really do they have to do this so quickly?

Sunday for lunch, Jason's mom came over and we grilled out lunch. She brought Easter baskets for the kids and then hid eggs inside for them to find. We spent quite a bit of time outside that morning after the rain playing with their new outside toys.

Afterwards we went to my Moms house for our last celebration. Every year they have roughly 2000 eggs (at least!) but this year with the rain they tried something different. After all, there aren't near as many kids to hunt these days as there were when we were kids. We all (kids and adults) played Easter Bingo. For each bingo there were baskets full of prizes we could pick from and then there was basket full of stuffed eggs that Mom threw at us at random times during the game. If you weren't careful and watching it might have hit you! However, if it was a money egg no one cared how it landed in their laps! I had the greatest fun and would like to do this again next year. Here are the GREAT grandkids on this side of the family.

3 comments:

Breanne said...

i like that picture of us. :]

Leann said...

Easter Bingo sounds neat. Your family pictures turned out great.

Jess said...

I'm glad you guys had such a good time! Love the pictures!