It looks like I've beat the odds.
Remember the procedure I had done awhile back (October 2008 if you want to re-read my posts about this) that would lighten or even stop my periods altogether? This procedure works for 97% of patients. Well how wonderful, that percentage doesn't include me. 9 weeks after the procedure my bleeding finally stopped. This is not normal healing time and I should have known then, but I was trying out my optimistic skills. Since then I have had a period every month but it hasn't been too bad. Heck, anything shorter than 2-3 weeks was much appreciated! But it seems now they are heading back down the torture road as I am currently having a very normal and long period. I cannot even begin to describe my level of frustration right now. I'm tired of this - the bleeding for week after week, the breakouts on my face because my body is freaking out, the inconvenience in my marriage from having a period this long among many other fun details I'm certain all women can sympathize with.
Clearly, God has other plans for me at this time in my life and being period-free is obviously not one of them. I'm not sure what those plans include but I'm open to suggestions (this is my written prayer). As I close my eyes and talk to God about His plans for me, I can't help but wonder what He has in store. A lesson to learn that I'm not picking up on just yet? A hysterectomy maybe? I'd like to keep all pieces of me, but now the idea isn't sounding as terrible as it once had. I just have to understand that there is a reason for everything and some questions I'll never have an answer for. But I'm putting my faith in knowing that through every season in life, good will come from those times.
4 comments:
How unfortunate! I'll be praying for you!
Daily prayers for you from me. It stinks and I'm sorry. :-(
you are still beautiful with your beauty marks, it gives you character. : ]
I'm sorry. I cannot even imagine what this would be like.
Post a Comment