This weekend proved to be quite... interesting to say the least. That's the nicest word I can come up with at the moment! Jason insisted as each new tear was shed, child that got in trouble, punishment that was threatened or enforced, foot that was stomped, fit that was thrown or illness that took affect that I MUST blog about this. Truth is, I'm not sure how to blog about the weekend so I figured I would start typing and see where it led me....
Friday night we went to eat at Chili's. Now I am not a big fan of this popular restaurant chain but my family LOVES it. And since we don't often eat out, one might think this is a treat and would be somewhat excited about this. Everyone was. Except Cameron. He comes in the house almost in tears that we were dragging him away from playing outside. People, it wasn't broad daylight outside or just snack time. No, it was dinner time with the sun setting and little time left to play outside. Rather than talk to us about it, we find him sulking in the car waiting for his punishment (you know, eating out for dinner).
We get there and Courtnie and Colton are in a special kind of mood. Neither of them could find a moment to sit still or behave like a civil human being. They thought it was appropriate to bounce around while waiting for our table and by bounce around I mean jump or hop from one bench to the other, play fight, tickle each other, dance and laugh extremely loud. Literally. After much patience, I finally separated them with Courtnie between Jason and I and Colton next to Cameron where he could find little to do since Cameron had been sitting there with his knees tucked up and his head down pouting. This worked for Colton. But not Courtnie. She tried to tickle Jason and I, wanted to sit/lay/jump in our laps and persisted in telling us dumb jokes she knew would irritate us further. I even told Courtnie that I was about to inflict physical pain on her as she was sitting just underneath my elbow and that if she didn't calm down I might would have to swing my arm back and prove how mad I was getting. She laughed. At this point we thought about just going home. But no, we are the parents and we will win this battle. We will have a fun night at dinner with the family. With this said, I'm certain our faces had complete looks of defeat.
Dinner wasn't so bad, we sat them in the perfect places. They were calm, complaisant and nice to each other. The waiter was a different story though. Didn't he know the torture we had just gone through waiting for our table? Ugh.
After dinner we decided to go to Blockbuster. Everyone picked out a movie and was happy with their choice. Or so we thought. Courtnie was in the back seat crying because that wasn't the movie she wanted. Except people, she CHOSE this movie! We did not pick one out for her, she walked the store and hand-picked this movie off the shelf. She refuses to watch her movie so I make her to bring me $2 because that's how much the movie cost. This makes her cry more. This child cries off and on ALL NIGHT LONG. It was exhausting for me to just watch her sulk and listen to her fallen tears. I swear it was her time of the month this weekend, if that's possible for 7 yr olds. To bed she went.
As we were getting Colton to bed, he too begins to cry. And honestly, I have no idea what his problem was. Maybe he just wanted to be more like his brother and sister? Fun.
Saturday morning we get up and moving and decide to take them to Nickelrama. It's early morning, cold outside and there was absolutely nothing on our agenda until later that night. Very rare occurrence for our house. Once again, Cameron is almost in tears because he wants to play outside. Seriously child? Are you kidding me? It was 34 degrees outside and mid-morning. There isn't much outside playing that could have been done at that time. Once we get there, everyone has a great time!!
The rest of the day was spent at home while the kids went from playing outside to inside. The house looked like a disastrous mess, but everyone seemed to be happy. We only had to intervene the three-man wrestling match a few times and only a couple of injuries occurred. Cameron had a basketball game later that evening and scored two baskets, which is great!! He has proven to be quite the basketball star this season! The younger two continued to act like little heathens but both grandmothers were there to help with their rambunctious behavior.
Sunday morning I felt horrible, still do. It's almost like the flu but my only symptom is a terribly achy body. I don't have a fever or anything else. So I'm at home resting and praying this is just nothing more than a chance for me to rest and enjoy some downtime. The Lord knows, I have no desire or strength to get up and do anything at the current moment!! Jason will be home shortly from work to take care of us all, so sweet!!
So there's the wrap for the weekend. I do think Courtnie and Colton have worn down some of their energy and we PRAY for warmer weather so they can go outside soon.
BTW, I never did use my elbow to inflict pain on my child =)
5 comments:
Oh Brandie, I'm sorry. I hate times like that, and believe me we have them fairly often! I hope you start feeling better soon. BTW, I swear my girls already have a "time of the month" too and they're only 2 1/2 and 14 months! Girls are just so emotional!
Woah - that was a long one! I hope you feel better :]
i found that one quite humorous....considering i have no kids! :)
I am SOOOO glad my children are grown. Then again, I probably would have used the elbow... lol just teasing.
I thought mine were the only kids who acted that way in restaurants!
Post a Comment