Sunday, March 1, 2009

Self-Sufficiency, Part 2

Colton continues to get too big everyday and is becoming more and more self-sufficient. The kids' growth never ceases to amaze me but I guess with Colton being the baby, watching him grow and learn to do things on his own is so bitter-sweet.

This morning Colton comes running in the living room (I was vacuuming) and tells me, "Come look at my room Mama!". I go in there and find his room picked up and his bed made. He goes on to say he did it all by himself. What?! You're 4! What 4 year old makes their own bed, and that well? Well he did, and how awesome is that!! What I didn't snap a picture of was UNDER the bed. I was more aiming for a picked-up room, not really a made bed and definitely not everything underneath the bed. Ah well, I'll take it a little at a time.
We then went into the kitchen to make lunch and Colton "tells" me he's going to make his own peeaanjelly sandwich (it's all one word to him, with some missing letter sounds). And he does just that! Such a big boy!! I'm proud and sad at the same time.We've also mastered one more thing, one that am proud that he is doing on his own..... wiping his own bottom!! No picture for this accomplishment.

1 comment:

Jess said...

He did such a good job! I know what you mean about feeling torn between enjoying the new stage and missing the "baby". Not having to wipe bottoms must be nice, though!=)