Sunday, November 2, 2008

Embarrassing Moment to Confess

I have been living with a secret. Awile ago, maybe 10 days or so ago, I noticed my eyebrows were getting a bit long. I like to try and keep up with my eyebrows in hopes that I can avoid the salon for more than two weeks. I come from a family cursed with serious hair growth. If you have ever commented on my hair being thick, it's probably one of the thinnest in the family. And my hair grows thick and full in every part of my body where hair is supposed to grow (and even in places it isn't supposed to).

I thought of pulling out my trusting eyebrow scissors and/or tweezers but it would have been so much easier and faster to use Jason's trimmers. He uses them and they work nicely. Not this time. And not for me. He has warned me not to use them time and time again and I figured if I could just keep them off my skin and they would just do a quick trim for me. And oops. They didn't. I placed them near the very end of one of my eyebrows and it scalped it. Ack! So I quickly put them away as if Jason was about to walk in and catch me and start harassing me for doing something he has repeatedly told me not to (he was at work already) and then I quickly looked in the mirror at the damage I had just done and was praying as I fumbled around inside my makeup bag for my eyeliner in hopes that I could just fill in the hole. This my friends worked.

As far as I know, no one has caught sight of my accident or actually said anything to me about looking different and I haven't caught anyone staring at me in awkward silence or wonder. So maybe no one realized my attempt at a fake eyebrow. And I learned a lesson - do not touch my husbands hair trimmers. Ever. I will however continue to get onto my children for doing things I have repeatedly ask them not to do.

5 comments:

abby said...

Why is there no picture??

Breanne said...

lol - ha. ha. ha. thats funny. I feel your pain. Do you remember taking me to get mine fixed that one time becuase I shaved it off!!!! ha. ha. Hey, I didn't notice, so I think your fine. : ]

Thosetwogirls said...

I feel your pain on the hair. I am a full time member of the unibrow club.

your favorite oxymoron said...

I am with Abby... where are the pictures?

LC

Brandie said...

Now you dont really think I took pictures of my missing eyebrow do you? Really?!?! Unlike Abby, in a crisis I dont focus on picture taking. lol. Besides, I wouldnt want it to actually be used against me at any point in my life.