I woke up this morning with very little jitters. Maybe it was because I was busy with the morning's to-dos but I suspect it was from being lifted up in prayers but my sweet, prayerful friends. I honesty was so worked up last night that I could not pray. I couldn't do anything but shake and cry. After blogging last night I was able to calm down some and get in bed. I didn't sleep so well though. It took me forever to go to sleep but I also woke up at 5am to a wonderful reminder of WHY I was having this surgery done. With one cough I made a mess everywhere, even ruined a good pair of pajama pants :( I know, TMI but I have never been one to let TMI's get in the way of honesty! I took my morning meds and they kicked in full force. I was passed out sound asleep on the couch in the waiting room at the doctor's office and they laughed at me when they came to take me back. My doctors were all laughing at how quickly the meds had me "all doped up". I didn't even fight the IV, and this my friends is awesome for me! I have been known to be the world's worst patient, especially when any needles are involved. After I got back there my sweet nurse asked me to pick out a blanket and matching socks - how nice is that!! I went into the bathroom and after stumbling and falling from side to side I was able to get my new, soft, pretty socks on and the blanket wrapped around me. When I got back to my room they had picked out a handmade soap for me to smell and had me guess it's scent, of which I had no clue what it was. They swear it was vanilla and that's the last thing I remember. I woke up sitting in a wheelchair with Colton laughing at "how silly Mommy is". My doctor assured Jason that not only was I going to enjoy this procedure in the next coming weeks but that he was going to as well. Now I don't remember saying this, but apparently I raised my hand and told the doctor I was the one with a high sex drive and I was going to enjoy it more. This isn't exactly something I wouldn't say to close friends but I have no recollection of saying this to my doctor. They were all laughing at my slurred speech and ever-so-slow movements. They did take before and after pictures of my uterus. He said there was one spot that was bleeding profusely (btw, today was of course the heaviest day of my cycle, hence the wonderful 5am surprise). He said they were able to cauterize everything and then go back to that heavy spot and burn it pretty good. I am super excited! I cant believe I have waited so long to have this done. I am not hurting at all and haven't at all today. The worst part of today was trying to sleep and wear off the anesthesia. I like to have full control of my body and don't quite enjoy being out of sorts for this long of a period of time.
Oh yes, one more story. Tonight Courtnie asked me if my doctor was a boy or girl, I told her boy. She just giggled with complete embarrassment. Then she asked if he used gloves, then giggled even harder. I wasn't even aware she knew what kind of surgery I was having or if she even knows at all. But I thought that was funny. She likes girl doctors herself.
I am going to get off here not and enjoy a snack and tall glass of chocolate milk. I NEED both of these things :) I deserve them! Now back to Grey's Anatomy....
Once again, THANK YOU for your prayers. I know the power of prayer and am certain I came through this so wonderfully because of my friends and their kind words to the Lord. Thank you!
5 comments:
LUCKY! : ]
God is good!!!
Yeah for you!
YAY!! I'm so happy I can't evne tell you!!
You're such a lightweight though! My mom said I came out of my surgery asking for more "of this good stuff." I don't remember this though.
I am so glad everything went ok!!!
I am so glad everything went ok!!!
Post a Comment