The kids have been quite rotten lately. So rotten I was even embarrassed by their behavior today with their Grandmum (Jason's mom). I know she has seen them all at their finest but lately their behavior is getting the best of me.
Courtnie brought home another round of not-so-good papers. If there is a question that she doesn't know the answer to on any of her papers or she doesn't understand part of the assignment, she just skips right over it. She never thinks to ask the teacher! We have talked about this time and time again and her grades are suffering because of this. When they receive their Tuesday folders and I go through her papers I seriously sit and cry. How can I "make" her do all of her work? And her handwriting is quite poor and because of this her teacher cant tell what letter is which. We've been working on this too for some time now. Because of her grades she wasn't allowed to buy anything at the Book Fair this week. On a different note for Ms. Courtnie - her reading level at school is close to a 3rd grade level. How great is that!
Later in the week Cameron decides to shove (he claims it was a slight push) his sister into the bathroom door. This too has been happening alot lately and we have given him clear examples of ways to solve problems other than being rough with his sister. I understand she may be irritating him, and more than likely purposely so, but must we be so hands-on rough? No! So he too was denied a chance to buy fun things at the Book Fair as well. What a mean mom I am. And a different note for Cameron - his reading level is at an 8th grade level. Can you believe that?
As for Colton.... well he has found his "tall finger" and is so very proud that he can hold that one finger up by itself. He has no clue he is flipping me off and has worked so very hard to be able to hold just one finger up. Those of you with kids know how hard it is for them to accomplish this. I just acknowledge his attempts at being kind (at least I hope that's his attempt) and ask him to do something else for the moment. Colton has also tried his acrobatic skills in the bathroom. He ever so wonderfully hung from the shower curtain and broke the rod in half. Nice. I appreciate that. It goes well with the missing towel rack in my bathroom where Cameron hung from and the cracked tile near the fireplace where Courtnie thought a Christmas stocking/holder would hold her up.
The bright side to active children - at least they are healthy!! I love them all - rotten, sweet, kind, pouting or enthusiastic. They bring my such great joy =)
4 comments:
life just woulnd't be as fun, with out the daily events of your children breaking something. . . :]
LOVE IT!! And at least they didn't crack their skulls during any of these stunts!
I can remember thinking it would be cool to let my little girl use crayons on her walls.......not a good idea!!!!!
Hey... now that was fun! I had everybody's signature who came over. Neat idea! With that said, it wont be happening in my house! lol
Post a Comment