I didnt find out I was pregnant with Cameron until I was 12 weeks along. I kept taking pregnancy tests but they continued to come back negative. Finally at 12 weeks, I received a faint positive. My pregnancy with Cameron went very well. I had my first baby shower at 35 weeks and the following day, I went in to L&D thinking my water may have broken and was trickling. I was wrong! The baby was head down, pushing on my bladder and I was dilated to 2cm. They sent me home on bed rest. At 37 weeks I went in to see the doctor for a routine visit; there werent any changes and I was officially off bed rest. If you can imagine, I was a bit disappointed. I was actually enjoying laying around all day doing nothing but eating and watching TV in silence! At 38 weeks I called my doctor to try and explain this indescribable feeling of torturous pain and wasnt able to get a word out so we were headed back to the doctors office. By the time we got there, the pain had subsided some. I was checked and excited to hear the baby had dropped dramatically (that was the cause of the pain) and I was dilated to 4cm. We were on our way back to L&D. After 2 hours of being on monitors, I was sent home because I was not contracting. It was the following week at exactly 39 weeks gestation that labor finally kicked in. I woke up thinking something was irritating my stomach but it wasnt enough to keep me from doing some last minute shopping. It was late in the afternoon when we were checking out that the first real contraction kicked in and it was then that I realized my stomach ache was more than just that. I remember sitting down right there at the register trying to just catch my breath. We got home and I sat down to eat dinner and nausea kicks in as the contractions became unbearable. I called the doctor, told them I was headed their direction. I got to L&D and I was dilated to 7cm - no time for an epidural, no time for words of wisdom or encouragement, no time for anything put preparations for a baby. Cameron Sean was born at 10:20pm on August 22, 1998 weighing 7lbs 0oz and 18 3/4 in long (I think this length is wrong though, I truly believe he was 19 3/4 inches long). He came out crying, observant and hungry!
He was such a good baby. Always smiling, happy, content and loved to be on the go and entertained. He nursed wonderfully, slept soundly and was a fairly healthy baby. He did scream, this toe-curling, bloody scream when riding in the car. I seriously would be shaking and crying myself by the time we got to our destination. This phase ended at 4 months and oh what a happy moment this was!
We knew from a very early age that he was going to love sports. He was throwing and kicking balls before his first birthday and swinging bats and hitting balls before the age of two. He has always been super active and enjoys being busy and entertained.
4 comments:
so i don't remeber you have cameron at all. . but that was a fun ride he on you : ] -
sorry - he had you on. . .
Do you remember at your shower, I PICKED HIS BIRTHDAY!?! Well, predicted I should say! But I have always been so proud of that.
I was waiting for you to say your water broke at the store... that would have been good! Great memory you have! I loved all your birth stories!
Post a Comment