Saturday, August 16, 2008

Prayers Please

Jason and I are headed to Austin here shortly. Courtnie has her last day of cheer camp and Cameron has a baseball practice this morning. After these events we are headed out. We got a call last night that my Mom, who was supposed to watch the kids this weekend, is in the hospital with heart problems. They are keeping her to run further tests. I'm a bit uncomfortable leaving knowing that something may happen and I wont be here. I live at hospitals knowing that a family member or friend is there for a lengthy duration, aside from the fact that... this is my mom! So we got the kids situated and although I know they will be fine, they have never stayed with my Dad so this will be new for them (truly, this is just the mom in me worrying about them). So we made the decision to continue with our trip to Austin for a long weekend alone - we both REALLY wanted to go, we have plans to see old friends and even more to see friends of ours get married. But I cant shake that nervous feeling.

So please pray for my mom - for clear answers from the tests, for her to settle down and rely on God, for my sister Breanne to be strong during this time. And also, my friend Anna who had her baby at 34 weeks was released from the hospital but her baby remains in NICU. His IV is out and he is in a regular baby bed now. However, he still has is gavage tube which means they are waiting for him to eat regular feeds by himself. His family really wants him home and I completely understand Anna's dislike of going home each night without her baby, it is truly the most heartbreaking and painful thing to do.

4 comments:

julie said...

I will be praying for your mom! I hope you and Jason have a refreshing time together in Austin.

abby said...

Rest and relax... for once! :) Remember your mom, your kids, Baby Luke, are all in God's hands anyway. His are way bigger and stronger than ours. And hard to believe but HE loves them all even more than you do! Have a good trip!! Love you!

Thosetwogirls said...

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers. We are looking forward to bringing home our little prince in the next week or so!

Have a great time in Austin!

Breanne said...

i love you : ] - and everythings going to be ok .... ...