I thought we were done losing front teeth, but man was I wrong! Colton told Jason this morning while at Cam's game that his tooth was sharp. Imagine his shock when he finds Colton's tooth half gone! I was extremely surprised since he hadn't said anything. When did it happen? How did it happen? Does it hurt?
He has no idea when it happened it how it happened. He did tell Jason last night his tooth hurt but it was after midnight (I live with night owls) and Jason just said it may be a cavity. He never thought to look and see if his tooth was broken, who would have?
I called the dentist and we were in the office within 45 minutes. Good news is this: he didn't brake it with any nerves exposed. And he didn't brake it far enough into the tooth were the bracket for braces will interfere.
Bad news is this: we have to watch it closely to see about further permanent damage, such as the tooth dying. It could take weeks or even years for the tooth to discolor and die and if this happens it will have to be pulled. The bonded filling should stay put for awhile.
He did really well through it all, but then again it never hurt! He did fall last night in the kitchen and our best assumption is that it happened then. You would think he would have felt the hit, busy a lip, spit the tooth out, immediately feel the sharp tooth.... something! We've also found a tiny PIECE of tooth but nothing like what you see actually broke off.

No comments:
Post a Comment