Monday, June 3, 2013

First Baseball Tournament

Because we pulled Cameron out of school, he is not playing high school ball, even after dreaming about this for years.  This was the ONE thing that held Cameron back from making his final decision to be homeschooled.  We tried MMA for a few months and it just wasn't his thing; he enjoyed it but if he decided to stop he wouldn't miss it.  Jason and I mentioned playing club baseball and he perked up immediately!  So we took the plunge into paying and playing select ball.

They had their first tournament this weekend and I was determined to get some pictures of him.  This is what I got and they aren't half bad!  Maybe soon I can snap one with him looking at me AND smiling :)



Sunday morning we were up at 5am to get to his game on time (they relocated fields and we ended up being an hour and a half away from home).  I sat in the back and was given a glimpse into the father/son relationship.  Boys are weird.  But I do love them!!  I felt blessed as I sat back there and heard them cut up and get serious about game strategies.  It was truly a special moment for me.

Funniest moment... We were at Sonic waiting for our order.  Of course the boys start messing around and Jason starts pounding on Cameron's back (probably because Cameron had just decked him again).  It was at this VERY moment that the lady walks to the car to serve our food.  Jason immediately starts explaining how he wasn't really beating his kid and not to call CPS.  Cameron and I were laughing so hard!  Priceless.

Love my boys so much!!

No comments: