Yesterday, I took Courtnie shopping for a new belt. She knew exactly the belt she wanted and to my surprise it that dang belt cost $30. My reaction may not have been the most sincere, but no way was I going to spend $30 for a belt that she hides with a hoodie. I just couldn't do it! I simply could not bring myself to pay that much.
So we went in and out of every store in that mall looking for a belt suitable for school. After about 1.5 hrs of belt shopping, I started justifying the $30 for the belt, after all, it was cute. It definitely beat the belts with the marijuana plants, the skulls, or the dog collar chained belts. And trying to find a solid colored black or brown belt was nearing impossible.
And then it happened... we found a belt we BOTH LIKED! It was only $15 and super cute. And the best part was when we were checking out a lady frantically stopped and gave me a coupon for $10 off any purchase. Thank you dear Lord! That was neat to see my children SEE a blessing like that.
I want Courtnie to know that it wasn't that I just didn't want to spend $30 for a belt. Times are tough and money is tight and $30 is quite a bit of money for a belt. I can barely put gas in my car without having a coronary because gas prices keep rising and trying to feed this household under an acceptable budget is becoming impossible to say the least.
Thank you Courtnie for not pouting and accepting my decision to not purchase a belt for that cost. I am proud of the both of us for our composure, patience, and willingness to persevere in the belt shopping. If we hadn't done all of these things, we would have missed out on one of God's blessings. Sweet girl, we had the opportunity to SEE someone bless us. What a reward!
1 comment:
Beautiful!!!!!
Post a Comment