Monday, December 17, 2012

Thermometer Mishap

Funny story.... our household once owned four thermometers and they all decided to quit working at the same time. I borrowed one from a friend and used her thermometer based on her instructions. I quickly took my children's temperatures to find they were consistently running a fever of 101-102 (in addition to constant cough, sore throat, congestion, etc). I call the doctor to get them seen since the fever and symptoms were going on for several days. They can't get me in as quickly as I want and I get upset and tell them what I think of their policy of possibly letting strep go untreated for such a lengthy amount of time. In the meantime, I purchase my own thermometer, just like the one my friend let us borrow because it was so easy to use. I read the instructions to get better acclimated and learn that my friends instructions were not how the thermometer was intended to be used. I take my children's temperatures with the right directions and.... wait for it.... get ready.... none of my children actually have a fever! I sure was wondering why they were acting like caged animals with such a high fever. Parenting fail. But it sure makes a good story. Back to school these kids go tomorrow!!

No comments: