Thursday, October 20, 2011
Time Warp
Our ice maker is currently broken. For whatever reason, I was able to find ice cube trays in the house. I do not keep junk in the house to save for a possible ocassion; if it hasn't been used in a year, it goes. Now the only reason I can think of our use for ice cube trays is when I was making baby food and friends that was a LONG time ago! But alas, I've found a new need for them......
Back to the ice maker... it's broken. Do you know what I've been doing for a week now? Making ice! Poor Colton just stares in awe that you can "make" ice. Forget the science he learns in school and the random days when we get icy weather, but to MAKE ICE? He clearly doesn't get that ice is made from water and that it doesn't just randomly fall into the freezer or fall from the sky. It never fails, he looks at me like I'm taking "thrifty" to a whole new level - popping ice out and refilling it with water. Who does that anymore?
I'm thrifty, but I'm over making ice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh my goodness, I love this post!
Makes me think of the time that Gage saw in a movie one of those wall mounted phones that we all had growing up.
He asked what it was, we told him taht it was a phone. Then, he asked, "What's that thing hanging down?" It was the CORD to connect the phone to the hand receiver! He had us pause the TV, and he was studying it in---he had so many questions! It was HILARIOUS!
My my, how things have changed!
I always have to make our ice. The old homeowners of our house left a ton of stuff behind b/c they were going to be missionaries in South America, so their fridge was one of the things that we got with the house, and the ice maker has never worked...at lest since we've had it. I can't wait until we get a new fridge one day!
Post a Comment