Friday, September 2, 2011

My Heart is in Africa

Today, I left a piece of my heart at DFW Airport and headed to Africa.  My sister left this morning for a 3 1/2 month mission trip to Kenya, Africa.  I love her sooo much!  I cannot believe our family is starting a 103 day journey without her.  Courtnie has cried solid the last 3 days.  The kids have asked questions I wasn't quite ready to answer.  Some of those questions are some that I've asked myself. 

Breanne, I LOVE YOU!  I know you are answering the call, I know God will be with you always and I know you will do great things in His name.  I am so proud of you - brave, loving, full or mercy and excitement.  I've never seen someone who is about to leave everything they've ever known to be so excited to sleep in a one man tent, having no idea what food you will be served, no idea where you will lay your head at night, with only a handful of clothes and so many medicines to keep you healthy.  You've never once expressed fear for the unknown, you just simply answered the call.  Wow!  You never cease to amaze me.  You are a fine woman of God, a true example of Christ.  I am proud of you!!

I can only imagine what this next journey will be like.  It is my prayer you have an incredible, life changing experience.  I LOVE YOU SISTER!!

1 comment:

abby said...

So proud... Love that girl.