Here is my personal review of Legoland.... We waited in line for over an hour just to purchase tickets. There was a second line that seemed to move somewhat faster for those who bought tickets online. I'm cheap and must use a coupon for everything and ended up paying that price for the wait time. After you get your ticket, you stand in this holding area. After that you go into a room with a few lego wall toys and wait some more. After this room, your group is walked into another area where they do a mini skit and pass out a souvenir lego to every child. Next stop... the Kingdom Quest ride. All the kids thought this was fun, complete with laser guns and many, many targets to shoot. Although the ride was shorter than the line for the ride (which you HAVE to stand in to get through and into Legoland), the kids enjoyed it.
Once you get through this first ride, you enter Legoland at your own risk. The crowding of the area was terrible. I counted heads no less than every 2-3 minutes. My kids are nowhere near the same age or level of interest so of course they separated. We did tour the Miniland of Dallas, all made from legos. I liked this! We would have been even more interested if it were bigger; it was a quick walk through for sure.
Colton and Cameron really enjoyed the Lego Racer area. They made lego model cars, tested them in a testing area and then raced them down this ramp. I'm pretty sure the boys stayed in this area most of the time. They really enjoyed this and I agree, this was a very neat idea!
Courtnie headed straight for the Princess Parlor, which we were both disappointed in. It consisted of a karaoke stage and 3 standing lego tables with girly colored legos to build things with. That's it. She roamed around and roamed back out. Although they did have this very cool guitar on the stage made of legos!
There was also a play zone for toddlers and another play zone for the older kids. I didn't know socks were required so we weren't able to participate :( There was another ride, Merlin's Apprentice, that was neat. All the kids enjoyed this!!
And that was that. To give my full opinion - I'm glad we went and experienced Legoland. If I had paid full price, I'd have been very unhappy. It was very, very crowded which limited the time you could spend in the areas and as a mom it was quite stressful to try and keep tabs on my own children when 100 more were running around. We spent more time waiting in lines than we did actually enjoying Legoland. I recommend going for the experience, but DO NOT pay full price :)
No comments:
Post a Comment