Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy 10th Birthday Courtnie

This could officially be one of THE best birthday parties EVER! 
To give some background on my opinion of birthday parties - I don't care to give them.  They are money sucking, time consuming, very exhausting, feel-like-I-have-to events of the year... times three. I plan them at the very last minute, send invitations via email (don't hate, I haven't resorted to text invites yet), and make a homemade cake.  I might buy birthday type paper goods but never any party favors. 

Yep, I'm THAT mom.

I dread them.  But alas, I always feel guilty and plan that impromptu birthday party.  This year for Courtnie we swam at our neighborhood community pool.  We swam until well past dark, came home to a cookie cake (picked out and purchased just hours before, which means FRESH), then shooed the girls upstairs for some quality girl time making flip flops.  This event lasted for hours; I couldn't have been more thrilled and the girls LOVED it.  They passed out, woke up to some donuts and home they went.

Seriously.... best birthday party ever!  I added the cost in my head and came up with an estimated $60.  What exactly did I spend money on for this event?  Cookie cake, cups and plates, drinks, flip flops, a movie, flip flops, donuts and a balloon.  I splurged on a balloon and didn't even get a picture of it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet girl, I LOVE YOU!



2 comments:

abby said...

CUTE girls and CUTE flipflops!!!!!

The Hunter Family said...

So Fun!! In my opinion, they remember the moments with family and friends, not the matchy matchy themed stuff anyway! We started only doing friend birthday parties for certain ages. They get a big extended family celebration every year and get a do whatever you want kind of day... that's plenty! I commend you! Cause I'm THAT mom, too. :) Cute kids!