Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Reality....

I read a friend of a friend's blog, yes I do stock random people's blogs don't judge, and loved her new blog post.  We bloggers always write about the happy moments - the pictures of our children's smiling faces, the holidays and joys in life, our new adventures and vacations and maybe even the moments of hardship when prayer is needed from other.

I love blogging!  I love to capture the smiles of my children and write about that happy moment.  I've even caught myself taking a picture with the only intent to use it for a blog.  I love to read other blogs too.  I feel like a part of their lives and with them through trials and joyous moments.

Sometimes blogging makes our lives seem so picture perfect, like we have it all together and every thing is bliss.  But this isn't always the case for myself and probably isn't for anyone.  But we blog about what people will want to read and see.  So to make myself seem more lifelike rather than just another happy blogger with a husband and always cheerful children, here is my reality....

This bed will remain unmade, unless my husband specifically asks me to make the bed.  Now my childrens' beds.... always made first thing in the morning.

This is my closet :)  At some point my dear husband will ask me about the closet.  That's when I know I've let it get too bad and need to get in there and do something about it.  There's laundry that needs to be hung up and clothes and shoes from a "moment" when I couldn't figure out what to wear. 


This is an unfinished project.  It's been there for about a week.  Maybe my husband will bring me home some nails so I can complete it.  Then again, maybe he doesn't want me to put anymore holes in our walls.  Until then....

I look forward to bed times and nap times.  I look forward to sending them outside and telling them to come home at dusk.  Sometimes their voices get on my nerves whether it be from talking, yelling, arguing and even screaming.  Sometimes my voice gets on my nerves from yelling at them!

Dishes get piled after busy nights and you may step on something if the vacuum cleaner insists on not being used.  Junk drawers - everybody's got one!  We've got FOUR!  And surely everyone has a "catch all" in their house.  We have TWO!  One in the kitchen and one near the computer desk.  They attract everything we don't have a place for.

I don't always answer my phone and often times, I forget to call people back.  My reply text messages are short and to the point and my emails get backed up.  I'm a busy mom!!!  And my family is always loved and taken care of.  At the end of the day, I choose to let the little things go undone and spend quality time with my family.

1 comment:

abby said...

If this is your idea of a messy closet... you will have a heart attack when you see mine!!! :) I always love a good and gritty, honest post.