Monday, October 25, 2010

What a Break!

I had an unplanned break from blogging. We had our internet turned on after almost 4 weeks without having it and shortly after that, our computer crashed. Who knew holding one side of the computer could actually damage the hard drive? Lesson to be learned - hold on to the computer with two hands, one on each side, while moving the laptop around.

So what has happened since my last blog post?

We moved our family into our new home! We were officially unpacked with every box out of this house in less than 48 hours. I never want to see another box again. Even more, I never want to LIVE out of another box again. The organizing stage wasn't as hard as it seemed since we had shoved things into every possible crevice in the house. Everyday was a new task and every day we felt a little more at home.

Today, it feels just like home. The carpet is dirty, the boys have christened their bathroom floor, mounds of laundry are everywhere, tiny hand prints decorate the walls, dinners have been held with family and friends and everyone LOVES the changes.

We also picked up the newest member of our family! I really should say Jason and Cameron picked her up - it was a long drive to and from Arkansas in less than 24 hours. She was worth the drive for sure! She was the tiniest little thing when we got her, so timid and quiet and she had the hardest time just walking on the tile. Now she barks and whines, plays and runs and even still has some slippery times on the tile. We love her so much! She is such a perfect match for our family. Here is a picture of her when we brought her home. This is a full bred Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Look her up - she is a sweet dog, they are not known to be mean or attack, very rowdy and playful but good family dogs. Love this baby girl! You know.... she is so stink sweet, she deserves her own blog! Coming soon.....

The kids... Cameron started football. I'm not the best football Mom; probably could be the worst football Mom. Not a sport I enjoy watching my son play. Colton started tball. BEST tball Mom EVER! Love baseball, far less contact for my sweet boys =) Courtnie started her dance season and is doing a solo this year. I cry every time I watch her dance by herself. Her shyness just disappears on stage. All her timidness must pass on to me because I'm a nervous wreck for her.

Worst Mom of the Year Award may go to me because I have failed to take pictures of everything. I didn't have a computer to upload them to, so I just didn't take them. How great am I? Terrible. I know.

But alas, I've resurfaced and will try to get back on track with my blogging. I'll have my camera out more too! Even though football and tball are now over. Yes, I know... worst.mom.ever.

1 comment:

Breanne said...

Aunt B has pics of it all!!