Tuesday, June 15, 2010

PreK Graduation

As you may know already, Colton DOES NOT like to be center of attention (unless of course it is his idea). He started talking about the program a few days before and was adamant then that he wasn't going to participate. And he never backed off that notion, even on the day of. So what does a great "teacher turned mommy" do? She sits on the stage with him of course! He buried his sweet face into my shoulder and clung to me while the rest of the class put on their program. That's okay though. I know one of these days he won't "need" me anymore, and a sad day it will be. Until then, he can crawl in my lap anytime!

Colton, my last baby, graduated from PreK a couple weeks ago. Working there, I have seen many children come through the program and leave us after they've graduated from PreK. It was sad to see my first two leave the program but it's something different when your last baby accomplishes this. Colton was literally BORN into Academy Kids. I found out I was pregnant when I worked there, my co-workers stood by my side while I spent 4 months in the hospital, and started at 5 days old. He just might be the only child to have been there that long!

Here we are talking about fun the program will be and how excited we are to hear him sing...
Mommy on stage with him while we listen to the class sing....
Our whole gang after the program. See how happy he is now that it's all done with!

No comments: