Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Do Not Be Afraid

Life has come at me in full force lately. My plate is literally overflowing. My mind is constantly working; it never seems to stop. My heart is broken. Tears flow nonstop. I am very lost.

I took Cameron to youth tonight and on my way home I just cried. I literally cried out to God asking "why?" and wondering how to get through this valley in life. My friends have heard my frustrations, my Mom and sister have seen my tears and my poor husband has held me close through this season in life. I love you all =) This hasn't been a small valley. But you've each stayed close by and continued to pray with me and for me. You've provided words of encouragement, a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen. Thank you.

I crawled in bed tonight to read Chapter 2 of The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace. This is what I read:

"Because God is gracious and compassionate, He cares about your struggles and the hurts that you feel. As is His gracious ways, God will walk with you through whatever circumstance you encounter. He will listen to you when you cry out to Him. He will shower you with His care. Because God is holy, His care over you will always be good and righteous. You can completely trust Him..... Because God's strength and understanding are unlimited, He knows what you want, feel, desire and need. He considers all the possible ramifications. There is no limit in His understanding. This enables Him to determine what is best for you and how you may glorify Him the most. There is no limit in His strength to care for you. He can heal you heart even if it is broken...... God promises to use all of your life experiences, including any evil that has been done to you, for your good. One example of good that comes from adversity is changes in your character as you become more like the Lord Jesus Christ. Another example of good that comes from adversity is that God is tremendously honored (glorified) if you respond biblically. God promises to use all things for your good if you love God. You love God by being an obedient Christian (John 14:15)."

I am sitting here crying happy tears. I'm at peace. I've put my book aside for the night to soak this all in. I need His arms wrapped around me and holding me tight. I can sleep tonight knowing He is with me and working these situations for my good. I have to trust Him. I am casting my fears and relying on Him. I will be forever grateful for His unending love. How awesome is it when you feel so down that you wonder how to move forward and there He is providing words to provide an overwhelming sense of peace and love. Thank you God. Thank you.

5 comments:

Thosetwogirls said...

Philippians 4:7

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I am also reminded of the poem Footprints. When we are walking through these valleys and we dont immediately see His presence (or his "footprints") we tend to forget that he is actually carrying us through.

I am glad that God is using this book to remind you that his presence is eternal and that all you have to do is look up to know He is there. How wonderful that he knows what we are going through! How comforting to know that He is the perfect Father and that He will always guide us towards good and holy things if we only let him!

You definitely make me want to pull out the book and my Bible and see what God has in store for me!

abby said...

He is ALWAYS there when we cry out to Him. I'm so glad you didn't stifle your tears and cries to your Father. You are such an example of faithfulness... Thank you for sharing your heart.

Lainey-Paney said...

Well, I don't know what you're going through, but I'll be praying for you to have peace & strength.

Jess said...

Brandie,
I am sorry for whatever you are going through because you definitely don't deserve it! I have always admired you for being the amazing person you are. Please don't ever forget how many people care about you. Hang in there!

Carole said...

Hey Brandy, I too have been struggling lately. That excerpt from your book was really moving for me, so thanks for sharing! I'll be praying for continued intimacy in your relationship with Him.