Sunday, February 28, 2010

No Phone Zone

As my children continue to get older, the more and more I realize they are watching me. They see everything I do and they hear everything I say. Cameron is just a few years away from driving so I have been really watching how I respond to other drivers, my speed and response to traffic signs and even what I am doing while driving. Because of this, I'm taking the "NO PHONE ZONE" pledge. Let this be my word that I will not text while driving. I will take that a step further and pledge to not check my FB or email while driving. I also will not do this at red lights because then my OCD kicks in and I feel the need to finish. The responses to others will just have to wait.
I know some of you are probably thinking "you don't text back or email back anyway!". This is true. I've been trying harder to respond but then that was requiring me to text back while driving and I just simply cannot do this and put myself, those in my car and other people around me at risk. So please know, if I don't reply back very quickly, I may be driving! Cut a girl some slack already!!
Another disclaimer, I am not a slave to my phone. If it rings and I'm busy, I will not rush to grab it. I also don't drop a current call to answer another. But be patient with my sweet self, I'll get back to ya! I am not perfect, but I sure try to be and trying to be the perfect wife and mother sometimes means I cannot be perfect at replying to others. But rest assured, I do try =)

No comments: