A friend and I have gotten together twice now to can some things - hot sauce, applesauce, jalapenos and pickles. It has been alot of fun and very yummy! My family prefers the homemade pickles and hot sauce versus store-bought. (Did you see me pat my own back?) Today was the second day and we canned a ton of things today! Here is a pictures of all I have at my house. Anna kept the other half of the pickles and a couple jars of applesauce and a jar of hot sauce. It's really easy and fun, if you don't mind the smell of vinegar and it's lingering odor in your house =)
1 comment:
You know what I love to make & can?
jellies/jams
& apple butter
Well, I lied. I made pear butter, not apple butter. It was so great. And, i got the bags of pears from a tree in my grandmother's backyard, which also made it special & fun.
You go girl, with your cannin' self!
Post a Comment