We've held Colton back from sports because he just never really seemed ready. He's quite the clingy child (not that I mind at all, I've held him since birth and even now you just might see him on my hip) and very hesitant with people he doesn't know (again, this is a blessing). We thought that maybe with the Fall being a slower season in our household we would give soccer a shot. Our full attention can be on him including his brother and sister who are always dragging their little brother to their events. I was nervous for him and Jason was REALLY anxious about how the night would play out. My friends.... he did so great! He asked Jason to come with him on the field and Daddy agreed to stay on the sidelines at which time I thought Colton would run back to him and grab a leg. This wasn't the case! He smiled at his beloved Daddy and walked towards the coach and other players. He talked to the coaches, talked to the kids, smiled and laughed, kicked and ran. He had the best time! At every water break he ran over their towards us and gave a round of high-fives. I do confess, I cried. I sat right there in the bleachers and cried behind my sunglasses. I even looked around to see if any other Mommy's were beaming and crying like I was. They weren't but that didn't stop me. I watched him that entire time with my cheeks hurting while grinning from ear to ear. That boy melted my heart. It is so amazing to see your children learn the world around them and come full circle from clinging to your side with the intention of never letting go to them stepping away with a smile on their face and proud of their accomplishments. I know I give Colton a hard time (but hey, he gives ME a hard time so it's well-deserved) but that kid is truly a great kid. Behind every ounce of orneriness is a piece of my heart that's so in love with him. Ok, so now that you know how PROUD I am of him, here are some pictures I just couldn't resist. And yes, I was on the field with my camera... oops. I just couldn't help myself! The last picture is of the team praying after practice.
1 comment:
aw :]
Post a Comment