Monday, July 27, 2009

Back to Our Roots

This past weekend our family took a mini vacation to Louisiana. My Dad's family lives there and of course Jason's family and extended family is there as well. We left Saturday morning, checked-in to our hotel, sent the kids to the grandparent's house and Jason, Dad and I hit the casinos. I will admit, I was VERY nervous going into them. I felt like people would be stalking me (kinda like our trip to the Dallas Museum of Arts) watching my every move. I think I've seen a few too many casino-type movies. It was very different from the movies though. After about an hour and being down $24, we left. That was about all I could take (Jason too). The phrase "cash out!" has a new and very real meaning to me now. After that we met up with the kids and grandparents and had a BBQ and just enjoyed the nice weather. The kids had a blast on the 3 acre lot with four-wheelers, bubbles, toys, balls, Cowboy Golf, and just the nature itself. The next day we checked-out and decided on an last-minute stop at the Alligator Park. I'm so glad we did. That was awesome!!!

And here is a video of the alligator feeding. This was super neat to watch!

2 comments:

julie said...

so fun!

Lainey-Paney said...

The signs at the Alligator place are AWESOME!

Your take on casinos: I'm the same way. My husband views it as entertainment. Me? I can't help but think---I could spend this $$ on a shirt. Or a skirt. Or a whole outfit! Then at least I KNOW that I will have something to show for my $$!